Monday, September 22, 2008

Let's Be World-Changers!

Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Then I said, "Alas, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth." But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.
Then the LORD stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me, "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:4-10

This passage has been on my heart for a few years now... I'm praying about and examining the possiblities of becoming a youth minister, traveling from church to church with a message to our youth. Friends please pray for me, pray that God would reveal His will for my life.

Take a look at your own life for a second... You too have been appointed as a prophet to the nations! We are all called to minister to the city in which we live... to our neighborhoods... we are the prophets who were called out of mediocrity and into the grander plans of our Creator! God is inviting YOU to be a part of something huge!!!

Are you perhaps struggling with the same issues as Jeremiah? Do you feel under-equipped? Do you feel afraid? Just as Paul told Timothy, "Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example to those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:12) Be the Christian, NOW, that you are meant to be. Don't wait until after school... after college... after you get that good-paying job... NOW is the time to be the living, breathing example of God's work in your life.

Be a prophet to the nations! Don't sit back and watch the decay around you.... STAND! Stand and make a difference. We are the next generation of Christian leaders... or not! Will we fall? Will we lose so much ground that our children can barely pick things back up again? May it never be! May we never lose sight of our mission... to go and preach the Gospel to all peoples in every nation on earth! Be a light, wherever you are... don't think that you have to go to a remote village in Africa in order to be a missionary. It starts in your schools, in your workplace... wherever you are RIGHT NOW. This is your mission field... be the LIGHT!

This is the message that I want to spread to the youth around me! This is what God has laid on my heart. His Word has spoken mightily into my life, through the book of Jeremiah, and has convicted me of stagnancy. I want to make a difference... I want to make a difference!

Will you join me? Join me in prayer, join me in studying God's Word, join me in reaching out to those whom we come into contact with... let's be world-changers!

Grace and Peace!

Questions or Comments? E-mail me at afflquestions@yahoo.com .

1 comment:

josh.rector said...

Amen Brother!
I'm in.
Pray for me as I pray for you.