Friday, September 19, 2008

9 Weeks Later...

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." -Galatians 5:1

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh." -Galatians 5:16

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit." Galatians 5:22-25

"Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22


Friends, it was these verses that spurred me on to start this study... and today marks NINE WEEKS of studying Scriptures that call us to be the men and women that God intended for us to be. I still feel weak, and I still feel small... but I am going to keep going! I'm going to press forward and continue to study God's Word daily. I will strive to understand, more deeply, what God's will is for my life, by following His commands.

I hope this study has been a blessing to you... it has been an eye-opener, for me, to the things that I need to change in life. I hope that you will continue to study the fruit of the Spirit, on your own, and possibly continue to visit this blog and see what God's doing in my life and showing me through Scriptures. I don't know if I will continue to blog every morning during the week or not, but I will try to keep it as consistent as possible.

Friends, go in the Grace and Peace of God! Be a light to the world, and shine in the darkest of places! Practice love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control...

As a finishing remark... notice how much these fruits overlap sometimes. Love is the beginning of each of the other fruits! Self-control is a culmination of love, peace, patience and gentleness! Kindness is an outward sign of love and inner peace... it speaks of the goodness that is in your life. Faithfulness is born out of love and patience... self-control can have a whole lot to do with your faithfulness as well! We must learn to develop ALL of these fruits in our lives; some of them are non-existent without the others.

So, may all of the fruits of the Spirit be yours in abundance! And may the world be changed, it's view shifted, by the example that you are of godly behavior... of Christ-likeness! Friends, that's all I have! Again, strive on for godliness... don't let the world bring you down because of the difficulties that may arise as a follower of Christ. I will continue to keep my blog e-mail and I will be checking it regularly, so you can e-mail me if you need any encouragement or advice about anything! Now... Go! Change the World!

Grace and Peace!


Questions or Comments? E-mail me at afflquestions@yahoo.com .

No comments: