Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Lord is My Only Good!

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' " Matthew 7:21-23

"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You. I said to the LORD, 'You are my Lord; I have no good besides You.' " Psalm 16:1-2

Here's a truth that we need to get ahold of... "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You." What a statement! What truth!

I tend to forget, from time to time, that I have no good except Christ. The reality is that "there is no one who does good, not even one." (Psalm 53:3) The only good thing that we possess is something that we could NEVER earn! It's amazing!

I'm kind of short on time, today... but that's okay. I just want to take some time to meditate on what it means to do "the will of My Father who is in heaven," and to realize that I have nothing to bring to God's table. He chose me... and He's the only good thing that I have! Praise be to God for my helplessness!

Friends, I hope these verses will bless you as they have blessed me!

Grace and Peace!

Questions or Comments? E-mail me at afflquestions@yahoo.com.

No comments: