Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to "A Fruit-filled Life." AFFL is a ministry that has been laid on my heart just recently... as in YESTERDAY!

I was reading in God's Word during my devotions when I came across 2 Timothy 2:22 which says, "Now flee youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."

From there my devotions took me to a very familiar passage in Galatians 5:22-24...
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

I have known for some time now that my fruit is nowhere near as lush and tasteful as it should be in a true and growning relationship with Christ. So, my goal is to take one of these fruits each week and do an in-depth study on each one. For example: Next week I will begin my study of love... I will take each day next week and explore God's Word for verses and examples of what God considers love to be in a believer's life. I will then post my findings here so that anyone and everyone might benefit from whatever I read.

My hope in doing this study is to grow in my relationship with Christ and with others. It is only natural that whatever we work on in our relationship with Christ should spill over into our daily lives, and thus be a testimony of our hope in Christ.

I will be taking the rest of this week to pray and prepare for the nine weeks to come. My hope is that you will do the same, and that you might dare to examine the fruit in your own life right along side of me. I know that I will not always like what I find, because a true relationship with Christ means a continual process of dying to yourself and taking up your cross daily to follow Him. It means that you will see things in yourself that need change, and I pray that you might have the courage to change these things.

Again, thank you for joining me in this endeavor to produce fruit that honors and glorifies God. I am so excited and look forward to whatever God might show me through this study.

Grace and Peace to you, fellow servants of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans:12:1-2

1 comment:

josh.rector said...

Amen Brother!
I am excited to see what God shows you through this in-depth study!
All that we do, as long as Christ is the center will be fruitful. so let's keep pursuing Him with all of our heart, soul, and mind.

To answer your question, This welcome page was done very well and i'm looking forward to moving on through the study.

-Josh Rector