Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well... it's been about... WAY TOO LONG since I've posted a blog entry!!! I'll have to go back and check the last time I put anything on here, but I just wanted to throw out a quick post, hoping to get back into the swing of things... So, here's a quick shout-out/warm-up for today.

God is alive! He is moving individuals and people groups for His glory! I'm excited to be a part of what God is doing in the every-day hustle and bustle of the little town I live in, as well as the general Austin area.

God reveals Himself through the inspired Scriptures which, when read, speak boldly of His character, His love, His sacrificial work on the cross, and of His desire to restore us to Himself.
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

I've been reading through the Scriptures lately and have been greatly encouraged by what I've read. Paul, in Romans, speaks of the peace which we have with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:1). And Jesus tells us that we are blessed when we hunger and thirst for righteousness, for we shall be satisfied (Matt. 5:6)! But I've also been seeing several warnings as well... There are parts which speak of an incorrect type of righteousness, which leads to self-righteousness! There are those who would rest in peace with God but have no love of Christ, the Mediator and peace-negotiator.

These things and more have been exciting and sobering to read. I long to share them with you all, but I'm afraid this is all I can handle for today! Blogging is something I have enjoyed in the past, but have put off for a long time. It's going to take some getting re-adjusted to. I'm actually hoping that nobody will read this until I get back into the groove of writing!

Well, Grace and Peace to you, my friends!

No comments: